Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sugar Hill Sweep for Downed Trees




trees_down_beg_expert_sugarhill_02162011.pdf
Download this file



I took the geared pig out and rode the whole Sugar Hill course to mark where trees were down in need of saw/loppers.  Ran into Paul on Old Track.  Had to double back around L&C/MC and Cascade/Cascade Alternate to be sure that I rode every bit of the Beginner and Expert Loops.  Conditions were awesome except for 50% of Cascade and 50% of Ridge.  These sections were dangerously icy even when hiking.  At 2 spots on Ridge I had to let my bike slide alone and scoot down after it on my rear end because walking was too sketchy.  Cascade Alternate was schweet!!!
Marked 16 trees down in need of attention before race.  Mission accomplished.


 


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/68701615

No comments:

Post a Comment