Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's Done - Ben's New 26er

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

Ben digs it and it looks like a 29er when he's riding it.

Highlights:
  • Love that slammed stem!
  • 1994 LX Crank with Bashbar Nashbar big ring is schweet
  • c.1997 XTR Rear Derailleur is hot!
  • 1998 Bomber Z4 Air fork will never die
  • Bontrager RaceLite Tubeless Wheels (with tubes and WTB 2.3 Stout Tires) are nicer than my wheels on any of my bikes?!?!?!
  • Mismatched levers and shifters and brakes are wily
  • Xt right lever and Avid 1.0 rear brake
  • Avid 1.0 left lever and LX parallelogram front V brake
  • XT Mega9 era front shifter and  LX Front Derailleur from the Mega9 era
  • SRAM X5 rear shifter
  • ODI Ruffain Lock-on grips in better shape than any of my bikes
  • FLAT PEDALS, YO!
  • Lowlights:
    • Cheesiest part is the seatpost, but I've got a 250mm Zero setback road post in mind
    • WTB saddle off of my CX bike that I bent the rails back to straight-enough-for-Buff

    No comments:

    Post a Comment