Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bike Maryland License Plate Program

$35 just to join BikeMD and be eligible to pay $25/tag more on top of that.  Gah!

Lemme tell you a little story.

When I was a young lad, I asked, "Hey Dad, Can we get a vanity license plate."

Dad replied in his Jacksonville, FL accent, 
"Billy.  
A - We not going to pay the state extra on top of tag fee that is already too high
B - We already have tags on both vehicles
C - If you're ever in a situation where you want to make a clean getaway, it's better to have a tag number that's tough to remember
You follow me, son?"

"Yes Dad," I followed, "but what if we got NMNNMNM?  That'd be impossible to read from 10 yards away?"

Dad said, "Nope, it's still not worth the $35."

Lesson learned.

Now that I'm a grumpy old Dad myself, I'd like to add this fourth axiom to my old man's mantra:
"D - Nobody driving in a vehicle behind you cares what your interests are (except for maybe the random cop who will single you out for the ticket because he hates the thing you like and can't keep to yourself)"

1 comment: