Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Saturday Full Loop 26er-Style

I've fallen back in love with my ex.  She's always willing to ride.  She likes to be ridden hard or easy, fast or slow .  She loves going down.  She's squishy in the front and hard in the rear.  She doesn't care if I ride others and holds no grudge when I come back to ride her.  She's my 1994 Specialized S Works and she's not a 29er!


1113100901


Met up with XX, Trevor, Timmy, MC, and W at Landing at 6:45.  KR caught up in Belmont via Nacho.  Sans lights thanks to Daylight Savings' fall back.  All on gears except XX and W.


Renegade, Nacho, RBB ^v^, Ridge, VV, Swimming Prohibitted, Vineyard, CCBC, Santee, Sawmill, we split into 2 groups down Buzzard's Rock of our choice, Gristmill (exit W and KR), Swinging Bridge, Cascade, Lewis and Clark, Morning Choice, Log.


Lowlights:



  • I was the one everybody was waiting for at the tops of the climbs


Highlights:



  • Too many deer to count.  Bucks, does, even a bearded Bambi's dad buck.

  • Sweet conditions.  Fast and dry with flattened leaf cover

  • Many extra credit opportunities

  • A crazy nose wheelie recovery for me after landing a jump too fast down Buzzards.  Too bad no one saw it;-(

  • Rejuvinated love for the old 26er hard tail;-)



1113101629


 


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/56643670

No comments:

Post a Comment