Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Laurel Sassafrass Big Creek Mini Epic


0705111207


Mini epic ride.  Mini cuz it's not over 20 miles.  Epic cuz it's Pisgah, bee-otch!



Capture


 


Me, EJ, NC Dave, and the Big Grabowski met in Pisgah around 10 and rode pristine Pisgah singletrack til 2.


Laurel rivals Squirrel Gap in my perfect climb category.  Sassafrass is a huge favorite for me.  Get all the way back and hold on.  Roots, rocks, lose stuff, ruts, steep, rhodo tunnel, hairpin switchbacks.  SEGs all around.  Ended with a rainy 4 miler back up fireroad to the car.


Post ride we changed at the car and inspected our wounds.  Right arm jagger scrapes mean the sidehill musta been on the right.  Legs got the worst of it when I crashed in a red sandstone super eroded chute at the end of the ride. 


I got a big scare at the car when I looked over and saw NC Dave changing trail side.  YIKES!  A huge eyeful of crack and sack.  Ewwww!




http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/97226894

No comments:

Post a Comment