Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Slick Happy Hour Ride

Rained two hours before last Wednesday's Happy Hour Ride. I met the
crew at the top of the power line hill in Rockburn.



0713111921



The trails were crazy slick, very puddly, and muddy here and there.
The logs and roots were icy. Saw three bucks in the power line field.
Started out front on Renegade and was hitting every extra credit no
matter how slippy things were. Through the dip on Renegade I followed
my "Never brake in the dip" rule and shot out the other side straight
into a tree. Lost a few postions on that. Then in the field between
Renegade and Nacho my shifting was sh1tty so I looked down...next
thing I was outta the rut and ran straight into the only jagger bush
in the whole field. Yeouch!!!

The crew flew up Rockburn Branch leaving me (and Fabs) behind. When I
got to 4-way no one was waiting so I pressed on on Ridge. Stopped at
Ridge Bar to text the ride leader and Fabs came up from behind. We
pressed on Valley View Alternate>Connector (heard the crew pass by on
Ridge as we checked out the extra credit line on the Blair Witch House
roof)>Old Track>Log (went for the bump and jump on first log corduroy
and narrowly escaped eating a tree with a superb flank vault off of
bike to a running stride)>Landing>Belmont Woods

Check out the mud on bike and jersey. Good timez!


0713111924



http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/100170152

No comments:

Post a Comment