Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tubed Up The Surly 1X1

Stans tubeless were the shiznit, while it lasted.  Put a tube back in the front and rear on the 1X1 and on the rear in Jen's GT geared bike.  Both insides were dry as a bone with no free sealant to do the tubelessness work anymore.

Maybe I should've added more than an ounce of Stan's more often than every 6 months.  Tires that need that much attention, and need to be perfectly clean to reseat tubeless after losing the seal may be fine for some.  But I just don't have the time or patience for it.  As they fail on the 2 bikes that I'm still running tubeless, I'll be replacing with good old fashioned you-know-what-to-expect tubes.  

Back to tubes and pinch flats for me, til I get tired of that and go back to tubeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment