Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

29 650b 1X1 Review and Catch up on MTB Ride Reports

How am I liking the 650b in the rear?  I LOVE IT! 


0725100924

Not sure if it's the bigger wheel or the Kenda Nevegal 2.35 that is making the huge difference.  Prolly both.  That sucker lets me climb and pedal thru the dumbest of rocky, rooty, off camber, rutted lines with confidence and ease.  I was impressed with it's performance on the couple of NC rides I took it on last week, but riding it on the home trails and seeing the difference it makes is really the proof in puddin'.  Only issue I have had with the wheel so far is that riding around 30 psi I pinch flatted in Hilton area (read on to hear it is the RR);-(  Also just got a 19T cog in the mail yesterday so I'll be installing that soon.

Wednesday night was the Happy Hour Hour from Josie.  Mel, XX, JK, YDT, Trev, Jonathan, Timmy, and me.  It was hot as balls out there and I commuted by bike to Josie from work.  I still had Carolina gear ratio on the Surly and was getting in people's way;-(
After cleaning the Cascade alternate creek-bed and the rock garden I began to get heat exhaustion symptoms.  I took a rest and a few salt pills and was able to walk/shortcut and still finish with the group.  No post ride beers for me tho;-)
http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/43628759

Saturday Dawn patrol.  Started at Landing with a big group.  The TMR Faction - XX, BB, JK, YDT and the Family Bikes faction - JS, TP, Trev, Jim Mc, new Kevin.  Rode Nacho and Ridge together but broke apart when TMR Faction went down Valley View.  XX and me were on schedule to get back by 8 so EJ and Mel could ride.  I ended up flatting right before the Sawmill Branch creek crossing (you know the one with the decorated fairies log) and XX pressed on.  YDT and I reunited with JK at Hilltop and rode down the Buzzards steps together.  We split up at swinging bridge so I could take the road to Waterbars and take the fastest route home.  Perfect weather and great conditions;-)


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/43628750

No comments:

Post a Comment