Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fixie Freshies

First snow ride of the season was a solo effort.  Bagged outta work early and left the house on the fixie 96ie with snow still falling.  There were some faint hours-old tracks at Belmont when I turned into the trail.  Stopped and let lots of air outta the tires.  ~20psi F and ~25psi rear.



1216101516


Farm Field, Log, MC, Old Track, MC, RBB v^v, Belmont.


Most trails had faint tracks from an early rider.  Rock Burn Branch left and right sisters had seen recent action before my arrival, but I got some fresh snow on the Rock Burn Branch middle sister descent and saw a giant buck.  In addition, I took every extra credit option the trails offered and had freshies on every one;-)


Conditions were perfect.  About 2 inches of powdery snow that packed and gave good traction on the climbs.  Riding fixed my goal was not to touch the brake or the ground for the whole ride.  I only grabbed for brake once on the really steep eroded drop down the closed part of RBB by the creek.  Feet only touched the ground for 2 dabs and 3 dismounts for photos.  Still, the Shimano pedals gave expected shitty performance and filled up with packed ice by the end of the ride.


1216101611


That's lemon Gatorade this time;-)



1216101614


Back in the stable.



1216101639




http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/59891435

No comments:

Post a Comment