Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Eve Eve Nooner

Stole a ride before the trails thawed out on this penultimate day of
2010. I'd swapped the fixed wheel off of the 1X1 so I was
freewheeling for the first time in a while. Felt good to have the
650b back on the rear but I realized quickly that I'd forgotten to
take my 20T North Carolina cog off and put the 19T back on. Oh well,
I was solo anyway so I didn't have to worry about slowing anybody
behind me down.



1230101230



Belmont Woods>Rockburn Branch up the right>Ridge>Valley View
Alternate>Ridge>Valley View>Swimming Prohibited>Vineyard>CCBC (new
tree down right on the rockpile-log on the climb before the
Maintenance Sheds--challenging line around it was a nice
surprise)>Pigs Run (cleaned it all except for the little rocky rise
near the very bottom--I seldom if ever clean that f'er)>Swinging
Bridge>Cascade>Morning Choice>Log>Renegade>Nacho Mama's


1230101135

Can't think of a better way to spend what will probably be the last
opportunity to ride the trails for a while. Warm rainy days in the
forecast and overnight lows too high to freeze up the trails;-(


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/61165685

2 comments:

  1. nice, trails here are still covered in 3-4 inches of slushy-icy-muddy-snow. road to get there is barely passable, hope we get warm and rain to wash it away... BILL BLANDFORD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should move back to MD, Dave. we don't have to ride 30 min on fireroads before finding some singletrack either

    ReplyDelete