Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday Snow Patrol


0113110727


Twenty one degrees on the back porch at 5:30 this morning.  Took the road to Landing meetup on the fixie 96ie of course.  XX, W, and JS had just arrived.  We rolled at 6:01 toward Nacho.  Seibold crashed on the berm root ball log at the Renegade entrance.  It was perfect timing because it allowed us to see Krash coming in off Landing 2 minutes late.

Renegade>Nacho>Belmont Woods (ice breaker thru creek)>Rockburn up the right>Ridge>FRESHIES on Valley View alternate>Ridge>Cascade (exit W, XX, and Krash at Grovemont)>Lights out...Lewis and Clark>Old Track counter clockwise>Log

Jon realized he had lost his keys upon return to trailhead.  Luckily they were sitting in the snow a few hundred yards from the car where he had yard saled earlier on the log;-)  Then on my way out I fell hard in the creek crossing after Farm Field.  The ice looked like a skim coat but it was thick and slick.  Front tire went sideways and left foot went thru the ice (thank goodness for booties).  Tried to use the keplunk as a dab and ride out but I feel to the right, smacked right elbow and hip on the ice and didn't break thru thankfully.  Yeouch...that's gonna leave a mark;-)

Conditions were good.  Dry packed tire tracks with pretty good traction.  My rear tire is pretty bald and I could have afforded to go about 4psi lower so I spun out on the steeper bits on Ridge.


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/63226648

No comments:

Post a Comment