Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ben's Franken Road Crosser

I've been waiting for the day to cobble together hand me down bike parts into complete mini road bikes since I had my first and second children. This one is for Benson.  He calls it his Old Skool bike.


Frame is a Mongoose IBOC (from BITD when Tomac rode for Mongoose).



Cimg0099

Steel seatpost worked best b/c I could turn it backwards and clamp upside down to get the setup further forward and down.



Cimg0103

Rear wheel is a fresh build of used old stock. First 2 cross wheel I've ever laced up. Matrix Mt Titan Rim and XT Hub are c1992.

Cimg0102

Donated crank's right pedal threads needed repaired (notice the thread-saver insert protruding).  Props to Family Bike Shop.

Cimg0105

Third eye watching the chain up front and a '96 XTR rear derailleur.

Cimg0104

Front wheel is a '96 XTR hub radially  laced to a Velocity rim.

Cimg0106

Old skool LX canti in the rear.  Setting these things up sucks alomost as bad as the post mount pad cantis.  Man, next generation V Brakes really were a wet dream come ture in the adjustability department

Cimg0109

And 1997 XT V-Brake with Travel Agent cam and super-macho CrossTop levers up front.

Cimg0108

No comments:

Post a Comment