Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sultry Saturday Dawn Off Road


0611110814

Big group met at 6 at the usual spot. XX, JK, JMc, TM, W, Timmy,
Kidd, Sean, Nagy, and me. Mix of rigids, hardtails, and squishies
with various tire sizes and gearings. I rode the Sworks again.

Hazy humid conditions with a nice little breeze here and there.
Trails were mostly grippy but roots and rocks were slippy. Valley
View downhill was a blast with 12 year old skidding and
panic-foot-down-clipouts at speed. Noticed a new Santee reroute right
near the Charcoal intersection. I'll have to take that one next time.
I hope it doesn't mean they're thinking of closing the skunk cabbage
rock garden...if they even try I think there's enough of us around who
would keep reopening it.

Twas nice to go long. Nearly 20 miles in before breakfast;-)

http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/91562135

No comments:

Post a Comment