Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Frosty Fun and Hot Koolaid


Img_20120212_074213


It was 21 degrees at CdB when me and Krazy Carl left from the driveway.  I filled up the water bottle with Hot Koolaid to keep it from freezing up like my beard and rear derailleur.


[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwTsZHGQ6FE?wmode=transparent]


Nacho>Log (enter Padam and Lance by happen stance)>Morning Choice (hit the big log drop on the way to Connector and the Reba used ALL it's travel--felt so good!)>Connector>Valley View>Swimming Prohibitted>Vineyard>Nun's Triple Log (cleaned it squishy too, baby!)>Exit Padam and Lance at Swinging Bridge>Cascade (KC cleaned for first time!!! Woohoo!)>Morning Choice>Farm Field Belmont


Lotsa beady deer eyes shining back at us in the fields today.  Excellent frosty conditions for great traction.  Creek crossings quickly turned my 1X8 gearing into a clip-out-and-kick-the-derailleur 4 speed.  By the end of the ride my right pedal and gears were totally frozen.


Didn't get the new wheels on yet as I decided to let them cure overnight...I'll throw the new hoops and my new blingy Craigslist horsetraded Thompson stem and post on there today, yo!


 


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/148979673

No comments:

Post a Comment