Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good News for Jen's New 10 speed Forte Shifters

Picked up some Forte Carbon 10 speed brifters (they get great reviews and look cool as s#1t) for Jen today along with an 11-28 10 speed cassette and chain.  


Media_httpwwwbz1imgco_qwfbj


I was confident that her 1999 Shimano 105 Rear Derailleur would be compatible, but felt better when I found that Sheldon says so too!


From http://www.sheldonbrown.com/dura-ace.html we look compatible.




















Other 6 speed Shifter 6 speed Any 1997 or later Shimano Rear Derailer
Or:
Any S.I.S. Rear Derailer
Except pre-1997 Dura-Ace
and Dyna-Sys series
Other 7 speed Shifter 7 speed
Other 8 speed Shifter 8 speed
Any 9 speed Shifter 9 speed
Any 10 speed Shifter
except Dyna-Sys
10 speed



And I remembered this nifty trick too. Looks like I could have thrown a 9 speed cassette and chain on there with 10 speed shifters?!?!?!?!













DESCRIPTION


Standard Cable Routing (A)


 

DESCRIPTION


Alternate Cable Routing (B)







This alternate cable routing will also let you use a 10-speed shifter with a 9-speed cassette. This provides a convenient upgrade path.




No comments:

Post a Comment