Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Night MTB Sugarhill Preride

My first solo night ride ever.  Took it nice and mellow as I didn't want to be found unconscious by a dog walker tomorrow morning.  I can't speak for the waterbars, but the rest of the Sugarhill course is in really good shape.  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/647311  It should be pristine by Friday!  Saturday it might be a little to dry;-P

Rockburn Branch climb and Ridge were totally dry and clear (except for the usual puddle area on Ridge near the footbridge).  I didn't put a foot down til I was halfway thru the rock garden heading up cascade.   I noted one 14" diagonal log on a sidehill section of Cascade that could use a chainsawwing (I secretly want it to stay there cause it's a challenge trying to ride over).  There were still a few puddles on Cascade.  Also one of the footbridges on Cascade was a little washed out on the entry (still totally ridable but kinda scary looking).  Morning Choice hairpin turn and climb near Landing road was surprisingly dry.  Old Track had a puddle or two.  Fields on Morning Choice before and after the old houses ruins were dry.  Just before the 4-way on the way down the end of Morning Choice there is a tree top down in the trail.  Riding around it thru the brush is a bit of a challenge, but it prolly should be sawed out for race day.  Rockburn Branch descent was totally clear and dry.

Rockburn Branch to Belmont was pretty trashed;-(  Either sandy, really eroded, or swampy.

No comments:

Post a Comment