Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shoulda Wore Booties and Derailed Derailleur Ride

Me and KR met at Landing around 7.  Dawn at 7:01 today so no lights shining.
I was fiddling with Fisticuff right pedal when KR arrived.  It was tightened all the way down and still clipping out randomly the whole ride...errrrr;-( 

It musta been about 32 degrees down in the park cause my tooties were freezing and bike was icing up.  I had to stop a few times to break the ice (that's right...ice) off my derailleur cable and pulleys.  Woulda been a good day for the single speed. 



KR had his share of minor mechanical issue too.  He had to pump his brakes like an old Chevy Nova to get any stopping power at all but he didn't complain as much as me;-)  He's in need of a bleed!

Log>Morning Choice>Old Track>Old Connector (closed trail)>Ridge>Valley View>Adam and ??? sighting near the park office--100's of fisherman pulling trout out of the river on opening day--dozens of trucks all over railroad tracks and Gristmill handling the derailed train>Gristmill>Buzzards Rock (hike bike up steps)>Charcoal>Santee Branch>Tire Playground>Power Li ne>Fox Hall Farm>Vineyard downhill>Swinging Bridge>Cascade>Morning Choice>Log>Landing >Renegade (exit KR by U turn before the big dip)>Nacho

I went right at the end of Nacho thinking that the mud wouldn't be as bad as it is over near the old boardwalk.  I was right except for one hole.  Whoa!  I went ass over tea kettle and endoed so bad in a hole that I dunked my left brake lever in the mud.  Nearly threw my back out.

Good ride...
Missing YDT out there...I'm coming to get you Surgically Enhance YDT!!!


Funny...if you look at the map below there's a yellow line and no Renegade/Nacho data.  I can only chalk it up to the fact that I crashed on Log Trail and musta hit the Start/Stop button on Garmin with my knee(?).  Then when I fell in the mud hole after Nacho I musta kneed the Start/Stop button again. Hmmmm.


This site does not support embedded trip maps. View the trip <a href="http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/657636" mce_href="http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/657636">here</a> instead.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment