Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Early Surly HoCo Repeats Ride

Was planning to ride the Fisti but when I got to the stable she had a rear flat.  So I grabbed the 1X1 for the first ride since Deep Creek.  I'm not sure why I've been straying from the Surly as of late.  She really is the perfect bike for Avalon.  Nothing rides nicer over roots, rocks, and logs like a rigid ninety-sixer.


0612100834

Anyway, conditions could not have been better.  Trails are awesome.  I put it at Belmont Woods>RockBurnBranch ^v^>straight up Morning Choice at 4 way>Connector>Valley View alternate>Ridge

Ridge Trail work report: 
THANKS:  I love the new Baler Bypass trail work.  3 mini rock gardens is schweet.  I wish there was a straighter line from/into the rocky dip creek crossing though cuz I never take the bridge, cuz! 
NO THANKS:  <sarcasm> I also like the re-route after the gazebo.  I was tired of trying to clean that technical root rock section and am very glad that I can now ride my road bike up that hill.  </sarcasm>

Big Steep to bathrooms>new Cascade put in by upper lot>waterfall>Cascade

Cascade Trail work report: 
THANKS:  The new footbridge over the swamp by the rusty pipe spring is a nice touch.  Also the removal of the tree down in the creek crossing helps.

Lewis and Clark>Morning Choice-Old Track repeats>Log repeats>Nacho three-peats (CBC brother, Geoff, sighting)  The Garmin site's player view, http://connect.garmin.com/player/36567936, shows the repeats best

Nice bird bath in pool after ride always feels great;-)


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/36567936

No comments:

Post a Comment