Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wisp on a Rigid Single Speed

First ride of the weekend at Deep Creek.

XX, W, Jim Mc, and me hit the ski mountain for a half day of lift assisted downhill. Check out the map here

First run: High Roller all the way down. XX hit a jump too slow and dinged his knee and gravel rashed his shoulder up;-( Ouch!


Second run-up: We rode the Possum fireroad to the peak instead of the lift. Loose steep gravel = very demoralizing particularly for XX and I who were on SS's. BTW it took 12 minutes to ascend by bike and 14minutes by lift. Nice to know we can ride up faster;-) Then we tooled around the manmade whitewater rafting center at the mountain top.


Second run down: Edgewood Park. Then we split up and met at bottom.

Third run: I tried the Teeter Totter (see video...video is better on FaceBook with hilarious Nystrom play-by-play commentary!). My tail bone is still killing me;-( Edgewood Park to Easy Does It. Easy Does It, a blue trail, has a "FEATURE". Feature = giant boulder with 4 foot drop.





Fourth run: Checked out the entrance to Rock It. Hahaha, yeah right!  High Roller, Turtle Crossing, High Roller.

Miller High Lifes in parking lot. YUM!

http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/35317699

No comments:

Post a Comment