Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pigging Out on HoBaltCo Dawn Patrol

Left the house at 5:30 sans lights to meet KR at Landing.

Farm Field>Belmont Woods (d'oh! I broke my right little piggy on a
downed log)>stop at Belmont Woods road to give KRs rear tire air and
rear derailleur a chiropractic adjustment for better
shiftiness>Rockburn Branch up the right>Water Bars>Swimming
Prohibited>Vineyard>CCBC>Pig's Run, baby!>Swinging
Bridge>Cascade>Lewis and Clark>Old Track (came down hard bunny hopping
the mud hole and heard a loud pop)>Log (exit KR)>Renegade (new sawed
log bridge in the swampy part = fun)>Nacho


Hot and sweaty out there so a dip in the pool on return was just the
ticket. While hosing off the Surly I noticed what the loud pop was.
I must have come down right on the rim joint. See photo for the
carnage. I'm surprised the bead held for the remainder of the ride.
Oh well, I know I've got at least one more of those Ebay lot rims in
the shop. Looks like I'm ready for a rim job again!


Oink, oink!  Not by the hair of my scraggly chin-chin.



0527100753


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/34725115

1 comment: