Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tour de Cure Howard County MD


0508101427

Huge showing for AFC!  Group photo!


Ran into lotsa AFCers along the way.  Jay and 2 dudes I can't remember names(?).  Stacey and Cindy were looking strong on the way into water stop 3 at Mt. Airy Bicycles. 


Mostly I rode with Marc (CBC), Mike (W), and Jen (EJ). Weather was a few sprinkles under shining sun early in the ride.  Then it turned beatifully sunny and dangerously windy.  Marc was muscling the 48X16 fixie...ouch!  Jen was her usual beautiful-she-beastly self.  W was super-strong and pulling the four of us.  The last five miles I lost them all and finished solo.  I was starting to cramp a little near the end.  It's funny that I can ride a rigid mountain bike 100+ miles for 10 hours without cramping but I can't ride a road bike cramp-free for 60 miles. I was really starving near the end too. The slice of pizza for breakfast and the granola bar and Montana huckleberry gel during the ride didn't do much for me:-(


Best part was the Cosi food at the end. I ate <oink, oink, oink>:



  • 2 chicken Caesar pitas

  • One caprese pita

  • One piece of roast beast sub

  • One big meat filled pita???  (it was tasty whatever it was)

  • 2 Pepsis


Overall, I had a much better time this year riding gears than I had last year riding fixed;-)  No numb hands either...


This year


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/32599836


Last year


This site does not support embedded trip maps. View the trip &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;a href="http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/408038" mce_href="http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/408038"&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;here&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/a&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment