Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Robins Obituary

Sadly the Robins hatchlings are no more;-(

Mother Robin either went out for a pack of cigarettes and skipped town, or maybe that guy standing on a lawn chair and holding his cell phone camera above the nest every couple of days spooked her into abandoning her young.   The fact that Abby climbs that tree and bounces on that branch a few times a day may have helped Mom decide to ramble on too.

Now it makes sense but at the time(s) I thought it odd that:

  • I never saw the mother visiting the nest
  • the last time I photographed the babies ~5 days ago they didn't stand up with mouths open as usual..I figured that they were frightened and they laid flat when afraid
Over the past weekend it became fragrantly apparent that the hatchlings had expired.  Nest and remains were reverently removed from the Japanese maple.  The circle of life continues for other Blandford-yard flora and fauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment