Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Franken Monster Cross **Price Reduced** - SOLD

****If this item is still on Craigslist then it's still available. Please save us both the time and don't email me asking if it's still available. I live in Elkridge off of Rte 1 and am available weekends and most weekday evenings after 5:30. So start off by emailing me and suggesting when you'd like to come by and see it. Thank you!


CASH ONLY, FACE TO FACE.No, I'm not interested in taking an extra $20 to hold in your favour so your handler can pick up after I cash your fake money order.
Great urban, trail, commuter, cross, pit bike;-), etc. 


I rode this rig at Patapsco and fell in love with skinny tires on trails.  Then I bought a Fisticuff so this frankenbike is up for grabs.  I'm 6'4" and this setup was a little too small for me.  If you are 5'9" to 6'2" I think it'd fit you well.

Mid 90's Schwinn 4130 MTB frame (medium, made in Taiwan, 1'1/8" headset).  Old school Suntour friction barcon shifters (these still go for ~$40 used and over $100 NOS on Ebay all the time), Suntour Blaze hubs on Matrix Titan rims, Suntour 7 speed freewheel, Suntour Edge rear der, Sakae 175mm crank 48/38 rings, Diacompe center pull brakes with new V Brake shoes and pads (man, they grab nice!  Paul Component Engineering has actually brought this style of brake back to life recently -- http://www.paulcomp.com/racer.html, new bar tape, 700X40 tires.  Alloy stem, bar, 400 mm seatpost.  Hollow cromo rail San Marco saddle.  The only Shimano on her is the front der and SPD pedals.

Tight and ready to ride!

"> 

"> 


"> 


"> 


"> 


"> 


 

2 comments:

  1. missing the crosstops BILL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right Dave. i had room for them too.

    ReplyDelete