Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Monday, March 5, 2012

What's Wrong With Google Calendar on Android

I can't be the only one with this problem?!?!?!

Most...but not all..of my calendar events after 3/11 are off by an
hour. Trend seems to be that all Google Calendar recurring events are
now an hour earlier.
Most but not all MS Exchange events are an hour earlier. The trend
seems to be that recurring events are NOT wrong, but that single
events ARE wrong.

I went through this as a MS Exchange 2000 admin a decade ago and there
was a MS patch. Can Google really be subject to the same problems a
decade later?

Anybody else have this problem or know a fix? 


Karate was entered as a recurring event from 7-8PM.  But on 3/12 it's showing up as 6-7PM, grrrr! 


Screen_20120305_2202

As the plot thickens...I notice that when I go to edit the after-3/11 event that the correct times are editable in the interface (7-8PM for Karate) but that the greyed out hour-off times that show up on the calendar are also there. 

Screen_20120305_2147

I've read on other sites that the problem may go away once daylight
savings comes on 3/11. If that's the case, I find it to believe that
Google can't do better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment