Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Monday, March 28, 2011

March Leaving Like a Lion

Mercury was at 30 degrees when I rolled out of the stable.  Met up with W and XX at the usual spot, Landing, at the usual time, 6.
Exchanged pleasantries, shared intentions of keeping the pace mellow, and decided against rolling the usual loop.
W and XX were freewheeling single speeders and I was bringing up the rear on the fixed Fisticuff.  Conditions were tacky and fast.  Renegade and Nacho exit were muddy in the usual spots.



0328110742


Log>Morning Choice>Grovemont Trailhead>Lewis and Clark>1.5X around Old Track (XX showed me the new double stack on Old Track that I'll definitely hit next time thru)>Morning Choice>Connector>Ridge>Rockburn Branch v^v (on the up I went for extra credit and pedal strike set me head and shoulders first into a tree....ouch!  Thank goodness for helmets.  Nice shiner on left shoulder)>Belmont Woods (looked down at the Garmin and noted that we were averaging 9.4 mph...so much for a mellow pace)>Nacho from the non-muddy side>Renegade>Landing (Enter Patt and Exit W and XX)>U turn for a second helping of Renegade and Nachoes...YUM!


0328110751


Great way to start the work week!
BB
PS Cold toes hurt like hell in the hot shower;-(


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/75720535

No comments:

Post a Comment