Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Session with Salt Lake Stephen

Photos by Abby and Joe;-)



Stephen from Utah was in town and stopped by for a ride.  Just like every other visit, he brought his Sidis and picked one of my bikes from the stable.  He chose Surly 1X1 in 650b9er freewheel confuration.  I rode the Fisticuff on it's first 35X20 fixie spin. 



0326111411


We didn't make it too far before I tried to skid and my cog spun and lock ring stripped off;-(.  I tightened things up best I could and refrained from skidding for the rest of the ride.  I tried not to complain about it but an off road fixie ride without skidding is a lot less fun.



Belmont-Renegade-Nacho-Belmont coil around>Log>Old Track>Lewis and Clark>Cascade>Cascade Alternate>Rootz>Ridge>Rockburn Branch v^v


Aside from the spin off cog issues the Fixicuff was performing great out there.  New tubular chromo crank felt right at home on every log and extra credit opportunity.  Trail conditions were 98% great.  Mud holes where expected in Belmont, Cascade alternate, and Renegade swamp


A good clip for a 90 minute jaunt and then I drove Stephen to BWI for departing flight. 


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/75268558

No comments:

Post a Comment