Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Garmin Edge 205 is Rejuvinated

My Edge 205 GPS had been steadily declining in the battery life department for the last few months.  So I found the DIY repair blog entries below and laid out $6 for a new battery



Battery

and a third hand tool.



Hands


To add insult to injury the GPS's USB port stopped working yesterday.  I couldn't get data from it and I couldn't charge it via USB or AC/DC adapter;-(


So I performed the surgery.... I followed Jim Carson's technique for replacing the 800mAh battery will a 1000mAh battery - http://www.jimcarson.com/2009/replacing-the-battery-in-a-garmin-edge-305/ - and MTB Guru's spacer technique with a glueless patch - http://blog.mtbguru.com/2008/11/06/surgery-on-the-garmin-edge-305/ .



0306110827


Now she's charging and has 25% more battery life than she did whe she was new;-)  Battery should last the entire Baker's Dozen Race this April.

0306110832

2 comments:

  1. Glad this worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. garmin nuvi updates free

    ReplyDelete