Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Friday, January 8, 2010

How To Improve the MagicShine's Helmet and Frame Mounts


  1. Helmet Mount - This original helmet mount comes with 12in straps on both sides.  I can't figure out why unless you want to mount it to a basketball.  I had to do a bit of customizing the stock velcro straps to make it work for me.  This involved scissors, needle, and thread, and about 20 minutes.  PS:  I think found a much better way than this guy suggests.  Helmet mount is now on the old Bell super tight and working great.

  2. Frame Mount - The OEM frame mount nylon bag with velcro is definitely the CHEESIEST light mount I have ever seen!  You can see for yourself how cheesy here.   It doesn't even come close to holding the battery tight to a stem/frame.  It has plastic loops for additional velcro strap but they end up touching each other when mounted on the frame so there's no making use of these loops to cinch it tight.  I just cut of an old TwoFish frame/pump mount in half and Gorilla Glued it to the battery pack and will use its two sided velcro strap with plastic loop to hold it fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment