Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Friday, January 8, 2010

MagicShine Bike Light 1st Impressions

As if you care....

  1. Bought this light from Geomangear.com as an XMAS present to me.  Can't beat the price...$100 with shipping and helmet mount for a 900 lumen light. They shipped it next day too;-) but because of XMAS volume USPS took ten days to ship it priority mail...WTF;-(  Came with a full charge too.

  2. Super bright and seems pretty well constructed. 

  3. I like the battery indicator light on charger...you don't even have to plug it into the wall to see if battery is fully charged.

  4. Five modes: 900 lumens, 500, 200, strobe (can you say seizure?), and SOS (or is that OSO?)

  5. Very easy to hit the power button with gloved fingers.  LED inside of power button is a nice touch..it stays on if you leave the battery plugged into the lamp even when the lamp is off.

  6. 1m extension cord comes in handy for jersey pocket and helmet mount.

  7. Battery is sooooo small and light;-)  I lost 4lbs by switching from my old 2 light setup with sealed lead acid batteries.

  8. Rubber band mounts for handlebar and helmet mounts don't slip but do allow for easy adjusting on the fly.

  9. Helmet mount needed customization to work right click here.

  10. The frame mount nylon bag with velcro is definitely the CHEESIEST light mount I have ever seen!   I had to customize it too to make it workable click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment