Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SOLD!!! Fixed Gear Schwinn World Sport $160

Interested in a tight and true city/commuter bike that won't break the bank?

Up for grabs is this 1980's Schwinn frame converted to a 700c fixie. I've enjoyed riding this bike both on and off road. I even raced it cyclocross once with some dirt drop handlebars and CX tires on her. I hate to sell but I need $ to fund another bike project.

Highlights
-58cm frame 4130 Chromoly with cable stops removed
-40X16 fixed gearing
-Sugino Super Maxy crank with 40T ring (36T inner ring included)
-SDG SlimJim bass-boat-blue saddle
-new KMC Z Chain
-Diacompe single pivot front brake with new pads
-BMX brake lever
-700c Weinman rims laced to Shimano hubs
-Custom fixed cassette freehub body and solid axle with 15mm nuts (DIY version of the Surly Fixer - http://www.bikeman.com/HU9020.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign=GoogleBase)
-Bontrager Hardcase 32mm tires
-DK seat post
-sawed off straight hipster bar with OURY grips (will swap for a wider straight or riser bar if you want)
-custom quill stem adapter and Nashbar 1" stem

The pedals pictured are NOT included. I'm happy to throw some plastic pedals on if you like.





No comments:

Post a Comment