Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fisty Mountain Hop - Post Earthquake Ride

Woke at 5:10.  Missed the Earthquake at 5:06 as I slept right thru it.  If only the Earthquake coulda waited an hour or so, I coulda been in the Rock Garden during shakin'-time;-)

Decided to take the Fisticuff because it was the only bike in the stable with both tires holding air.  I wrenched on her for an hour or so last night:  Tightened up play in the rear axle and filed the burrs off the 4 biggest chainrings on the cassette.  Fisty is always fun for solo rides too, though I wasn't sure I'd be solo til I waited at Landing til 6:05 and went on my way.


0716100603


Saw 15 deer out there.  Including two 6 point bucks in the Farm Field and a 4 point buck in the Rockburn Entrance Powerline trail.


0716100606


Log>Bamboo>Old Track (clockwise)>Bamboo>Old Track (counterclockwise)>Lewis and Clark>Cascade>Ridge>Connector>left on MC>Rockburn Branch v^>Ridge>Valley View Alternate>Left on Ridge>Connector>Right on Morning Choice>Log>Renegade Nacho
http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/40713488
Not much Earthquake damage.  Nacho had a tree top across the trail that I could still ride thru.  And there was a dead tree covered with crazy poison ivy across the trail on ridge.

0716100709

Twas a good 15 miler, 2 hours door to door.

0716100800a

No comments:

Post a Comment