Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Stolen Night Ride

YDT and I left the Blandford driveway at dusk.  Still very hot and muggy even with the sun out of the picture.

Lights shining as we entered the woods, YDT on his Rig me on the Groundhog.  YDT with his screw removed was the same beast he ever was off road (gotta give it up for anyone whose only MTB is a rigid SS).  Any gap I created on a downhill, he quickly closed on a climb.  Belmont Woods, Rock Burn Branch ^v^, up Morning Choice at the 4 way, Connector, Old Connector and a piece of Old Ridge, Ridge (thru Baler Bypass)>Cascade>Lewis and Clark>Log>Farm Field>Belmont

Highlights:



  • Crazy dry and fast out there, even usual holes are bone dry.  My shins were so caked with dust after the ride that they looked like dead-guy legs.

  • Lots of beady eyes shining back at us;-)

  • For the first time I can remember I cleaned the root ball on Cascade (by the rock wall bypass) on a continuous shot after cleaning the rock garden on the way.

  • A gigantic spider on some extra credit logs in Belmont Woods

  • Stealing a ride at night!


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/39649595

2 comments: