Posterous dies on 4/30/2013 so I've moved all my content and switched to Blogger.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Boyz Ride with Gristmill Repeats

Gurlz rode at 6. As I waited in the yard for Jen to return I found a hawk feather like the one on top in the photo below and stuck it in my helmet, and called it Macaroni;-)


Media_httprevealingof_dtiul


Boyz meetup was supposed to be 8 at Landing. For reasons beyond our
control the 8 am arrivers at Landing only included W, Ebay, and CBC.
I met up with them near Belmont woods rood just in time to receive
text form KR and arrange to meet him in 25 minutes at Swinging Bridge.
CBC and W on SS, KR and Ebay on blingy geared squishy XCs, and me on
the Fisticuff for the second time in a few days.

Belmont woods>Rockburn Branch up the right>Ridge>Valley View>Swimming
Prohibited>Gristmill to Swinging Bridge (enter KR)>u turn on
Gristmill)>left thru the tunnel at the wooden bridge up the lower
Santee Nun's trail>CCBC>Sawmill>Charcoal>Hilltop>I took the middle
Buzzard's option alone and the rest of the group took the steps down
to Gristmill (exit W)>Swinging Bridge>gravel climb>Cascade (exit
KR)>Lewis and Clark>Morning Choice>Log (exit CBC)>Farm Field>Belmont
Wood

Just over 17 miles door to door for me. I imagine Ebay clicked 19
since he made it to Landing at 8. Highlights: CBC behind me on the
way down the rocky descent before the skunk cabbage rock garden in
Hilton says, "Wow, I don't think I've ever gone this slow down this
trail," and a kid on training wheels near Bloede's Dam said he liked
my feather helmet.


http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/41007729

No comments:

Post a Comment